Copyright © 2002
by LeDonna Willis
According to the US Dept of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the average amount of water used in the US is 78 gallons per day, per person. Not only does heavy water use tax your water bill, but it also affects your community's water supply system.
Water conservation is all the rage, especially in places such as Georgia where we are at a deficit of -16. Here are several ways we can all conserve water -- and save money at the same time.
1. Turning the water off while brushing your teeth and shaving is a good habit to get into. You can save as much as 100 gallons per month.
2. At least 20 gallons of water are wasted on leaky faucets and toilets. Fix those leaks immediately. Most of the time simply changing a washer will do the trick for a leaky faucet and adjusting the float arm or blunder ball will fix a leaky toilet.
3. A four minute shower uses about 8 gallons of water compared to a bath that takes as much as 60 gallons of water.
4. Using low-flow water saving devises can reduce your water usage as much as 50 percent.
5. When watering your lawn do so heavily especially at the root the bases of trees and shrubs. By watering heavily and less frequently, your lawn will be more equipped to withstand dry weather conditions.
6. Using a trickle (a tube with a multitude of tiny holes [used for closely spaced plants]) or drip (used for watering crops) irrigating system to water your garden will conserve as much as 50 percent.
7. Use a pail to wash your car instead of a hose. Fill the pail up with warm soapy water and clean with a sponge. Then just use the hose to rinse.
8. Covering your swimming pool with keep the sun from evaporating the water in your pool. Also clean the pool filter frequently to minimize the number of times the water needs to be replaced.
9. Use mulch (lawn clippings, chopped bark and/or plastic) around your trees, shrubs and flower beds to retain moisture so less watering is needed. Another good idea is to use the water from your roof's down spout.
Just wRight Gifts Catch the latest Online Coupons, Discounts, Clearances, Rebates and Freebies! http://www.justwrightgifts.com
Here are some other sites for Kids
|Before you take even one more swing in the game of life,
let us help you make SURE you are getting all the insurance you need for
the money you are spending. Compare what you have to pay now with the
family-friendly values we find. See if the savings don't average 46%
better than what you expect: Health Insurance
Auto Insurance * Low Cost Life
Insurance * Solid Home
Insurance * Loving Long Term
Care Insurance * Best Family
Friendly Insurance Quotes It's simple, it's quick, and yes!
It's absolutely FREE. And if you really CAN'T AFFORD insurance, Click HERE for
your second-best option.
Click HERE if you would like to walk with a spring in your step and a sparkle in your eye.
Chickens are Cute Little Carnivores! by Lin Stone Written for parents to read to their bright children. Have fun with chickens.
Tips on Saving Water, by Ledonna Willis
Grab a Hare by the Head by Lin Stone
The Wonder of Strawberries by Lin Stone
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Treasure Island the classic by Robert Louis Stevens
The Young Astronomer Page, by David Alford. You can start today or tonight using nothing but your eyes and your brain.
The autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
The Luckiest Diamond Finder in the World by Lin Stone
A Little Princess, tells the story of Sara who went from being a princess to a poor homeless waif, and back to being a Princess again. A story of love, magic, and courage.
Laying Down Tracks -- by Lin Stone -- tells how to keep the tracks safe for train rides in amusement parks.
The Hound of the Baskervilles, a Sherlock Holmes mystery by A. Conan Doyle
If you have enjoyed what you've read here, please check out our other reading values at The Tale Wins Front Page, The literary treasure chest, The American Insurance Depot, Travel gems Click HERE to discover EVERYTHING we have here for you.
Click HERE for More FREE kidstuff from other publishers.
Entire Contents Copyright ©
2001 by Browzer Books
All rights to original works are reserved for the creators
Make your very own BabyScreenSavers® For FREE
Tale Wins Domain Owner's name is
Earl H. Roberts.
My phone number is 405-872-5556
Your can write to me at 414 North 8th Street Street Mena, Ark. 71953
Email is VisitUs@talewins.com